OUR FOCUS:

OUR FOCUS: THE GREAT COMMISSION AND THE GREAT COMMANDMENT







Friday, June 1, 2012

"SUPERHERO"

"SUPERHERO"
 ~~written by Kathy Todd~~
++except for Scriptures++

++ Isaiah 61:1-3:  The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to you; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he (God) might be glorified.++
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ Wow!! Yes!! Jesus is our Superhero! God sent his son Jesus to earth to die on the cross for our sins!! To take our pain and suffering!! To save us!!

~~ Praise the Lord!! Our Superhero, Jesus Christ, came to love us and to save us!! God created the sun, the moon, the earth and us! Then he sent his only son Jesus from heaven to earth to die for our salvation, to love us, to be our superstar, to be our friend if we will accept him in our life as our savior!! When we accept Jesus as our savior, we become his friend! Having Jesus as our superhero is way better than any other superhero because he loves us and he is real and he is alive!! Jesus is not a made up superhero! Jesus can be real if your life if you let him! He wants to be your friend!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

++ Jesus says in John 15:12-15:  "This is my commandment, That you love each other, as I love you. Greater love no man has than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends, if you do what I tell you to do. So I don't call you servants; because the servant does not know what the Lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard from my Father I have explained to you."++
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~ Let's look at some meanings of some words:
The word SUPER means of the highest degree or power; very good; excellent; outstanding

~~The word HERO means someone of great courage or ability who is admired for their brave actions and noble qualities; someone who has done something great and heroic; the main person of a story

~~A SUPERHERO is a hero in a story that has power to fight against evil or a villain

~~A VILLAIN is someone who is involved or causes wickedness or evil or crime; the main evil character who strives to work against the Superhero

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~The Bible word for villain is adversary which is those who are actively against God, Jesus and the Bible.  The villain in the Bible is Satan also known as the devil. He is Jesus's villain which also makes Satan the villain of all Christians.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

++ 1 Peter 5:8 reads: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~ Now here is the exciting fact about our villain, Satan!! He has been defeated by our Superhero, Jesus Christ!! When Jesus died on the cross for us to save us from our sins, the act of God raising Jesus from the dead back to life 3 days later is what conquered the grave and defeated Satan.  When Jesus was nailed to the cross, he went through all that pain and suffering to save us from our sins.  When they layed Jesus in that tomb grave, there was absolutely nothing anyone could do to keep him in there once God raised him back to life! Then Satan had no authority whatsoever to keep Jesus out of Hell to claim the keys to the gates of hell back from Satan.

~~ We must understand that by Jesus defeating Satan as his villain, Jesus also defeated Satan as our villain. We just have to accept that truth and activate our faith by applying that authority and power over Satan in our own lives. Satan can still tempt us but it is up to us to resist that temptation and tell Satan NO with the power and authority Jesus won for us when he defeated Satan.  Jesus won that victory for us!! We just have to claim it and not give our victory back to Satan!!

~~ Remember!! The nails that held Jesus on the cross could not hold him down, the grave could not keep him in and Hell could not keep him out!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

++ Jesus says in Revelation 1:18: " I am he that lives who was dead; and look, I am alive forever. Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."++
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~ Praise the Lord!! Jesus reigns!! His name is the highest name to ever be said!! The power of his love is everywhere. It is in the very breathe that we take! It is in the trees that provides the air we need to take that breathe!! The power of his love is in every move we make!! Jesus lives inside of those who will believe and accept him as their savior!! Please allow him in your life now!! If you want to accept Jesus as your savior, to be your Superhero!! If you want the power of his love flowing in your life!! If you want to claim the victory Jesus won for you!! Give Jesus your life now so you can go and show others the power of his love!! Humble yourself before the Lord Jesus Christ!! Let him be your Superhero!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you now in the name of your son Jesus Christ! Lord, I praise you and glorify your Holy Name!! You are my savior, my healer, my superhero, my everything!! You are my friend and I thank you for that honor!! Lord, I humble myself before your Holy throne on behalf of all lost souls around the world that have not accepted you as their Lord and savior and on behalf of those who have never heard your name!! Lord Jesus, your name is the highest name ever said and you reign forever!! Lord, please give me opportunities to lead people to your salvation!! Let your light shine through me so bright that others only see you!!  Lord, please let the power of your love to flow in my life always! Lord, please forgive me for anything that I have said, done or thought that was against you or not pleasing to you.. both things I know of and those that I am not aware of. Make me aware of those unknown things so I can ask your forgiveness. I love you Lord Jesus and give you all of my glory, honor and praise!! In Jesus name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment